Teacher Training 2016:
Be a part of something amazing and new!Yoga 4 Change is offering its first ever teacher-training program for yoga teachers. This program, approved through the Yoga Alliance as a RYS200, will focus on bringing yoga to underserved populations while building the participant’s knowledge of teaching yoga to the public. This program is certified through the Yoga Alliance , and will be offered in two different ways:
- Week Long Intensives
- Weekend Intensives.
- Comprehensive studies in teaching asana including alignment, adjustments and assists
- Class structure and sequencing
- Teaching and practicing Pranayama and meditation
- Anatomy of the physical and subtle body
- Yoga philosophy and scripture including sanskrit studies; the Yoga Sutra, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Upanishads and more
- Health and wellness
- Business and ethics for yoga teachers
- Karma yoga and seva, which is an integral aspect of the Yoga 4 Change’s mission, learning to use yoga to facilitate personal empowerment and fostering community collaboration through service.
Sign up HERE!
Yoga 4 Change’s First every 200hr Teacher program is being offered Summer of 2016!Cost Total Cost for both weekend intensive/weeklong intensive is: $3,00.00 This price includes the $500 non-refundable deposit due upon registration.
Pay your deposit HERE!
(upon acceptance into the program the rest of your fee can be paid over the phone)Instructors: The lead instructors for this yoga instructor training program is Kathryn Thomas. Other current Yoga 4 Change instructors will be pulled in to expand on subjects such as yoga therapy, Ayruveda, Yoga Nidra, etc.
- Kathryn is the founder of Yoga 4 Change, is a registered E-RYT200/RYT500 yoga teacher as well as being a Certified Baptiste Teacher. Kathryn has taught over 4000 hours to underserved populations both in Jacksonville, Florida and in Hawaii.
FRIDAY – SATURDAY (for all weekends)
- 5PM-9PM Friday
- 8AM-5PM Saturdays
- 8AM-5PM: Sundays
Weekdays (for weeklong intensives)
- 8AM-5PM: Mondays
- 8AM-5PM: Tuesdays
- 8AM-5PM: Thursdays
Sample Weekday/Weekend Daily Schedule:
8:00 – 9:00 AM: Walking and/or and sitting meditation.
9-10:30 AM Yoga Practice
11 AM to 12:30 PM: Teacher Training or Instruction.
12:30– 2PM: Lunch (can be brought, ordered in, etc)
2:00- 4:00 PM: Student Practice Teaching or Workshop or Presentation Skills Workshop.
4:00-5:00 PM: Yoga Practice or yoga philosophy and discussion.
Sample Friday Schedule:5:00-6:00 PM: Yoga Practice 6:30-9:00PM: Discussion: philosophy/yoga business/etc Curriculum
- Our curriculum will be focusing on creating powerful yoga teachers and leaders in our community, and will incorporate multiple different types of yoga (for eg. Baptiste, Hatha, Yoga Nidra) in order to expose participants to various ways to teach various populations.